Position Title: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church (JMUMC), Greenville, NC
Position Type: Full Time
Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church is a Christ-centered community of faith in the heart of Uptown Greenville, NC. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We are inviting all people to know Jesus Christ, grow in their faith, and go out to serve others. Jarvis Memorial UMC is searching for a full-time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
He or she will organize and lead youth (6th to 12th grades), college-age, and young adult ministries; implement fellowship, Christian education, biblical teaching, discipleship, Spiritual formation, mission opportunities, worship, and evangelism ministries for this age group, adhering to the teachings of the United Methodist Church.
We are seeking a passionate individual who is called to ministry with youth and young adults; with the following attributes:
- Proven track record of making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Effective in leading small groups, event planning, and developing teams of volunteers and leaders
- Able to make intergenerational connections among church members and the community at-large
- Musical skills or a familiarity with incorporating music in ministry.
- AS or BS degree or higher from an accredited college, university, or seminary with a concentration in youth ministry preferred
To apply, please complete the online application below. The full job description can be downloaded HERE.